My passion lies in creative direction and brand strategy. I partner with brands entering or creating new markets and help them relate with new audiences. I collaborate closely with my clients to turn their vision, high-level strategies and capabilities into intuitive, thoughtfully designed products informed by consumer insight on trends, behaviors and needs.
I’ve successfully led growing brands; managing teams and collaborating with founders, leadership and cross-functional stakeholders. My experience spans agency, in-house fashion, start-up and freelance.
I pair global perspective with local understanding from working and living in San Francisco, London, Tokyo and New York and have received recognition and numerous high profile industry awards.
Exploring, problem solving, making things, chasing light and shadows, thinking about food, wandering the village (peeking into peoples homes)
I’m currently freelance, focused on creative direction, art direction, user experience, brand- and creative strategy. I work directly, primarily with start-ups and early stage businesses. I'm founder and creative director of Liass
I love connecting with people around design, industry trends, future of brands and businesses, and sustainability, anything really. I’m passioned about mentoring young talent and I’d be happy to provide any guidance or feedback.
Also, of course — feel free to hit me up if you need help with anything creative.
Senior Creative Manager, Saks Fifth Avenue
2015-2016, New York
Drove the design and vision for Saks digital; editorial site content and corresponding marketing initiatives. Lead team of in-house designers and freelancers.
• Oversaw day-to-day operations to ensure my team delivered cohesive, on point designs across eight categories, 50+ brands.
• Introduced streamlined workflows, improved communications, provided clear guidance, and aligned resources to secure a 30% time efficiency (reinvested into redesign initiatives)
• Led site redesign, COOP (Brand) initiatives and seasonal creative; leveraged analytics and performance metrics to continually assess, evaluate and deliver impactful design
• Improved relationship and cross-functional collaboration with merchandise team, marketing teams, copywriters, editors and external stakeholders to ensure alignment with corporate and business unit strategies (providing and encouraging up-down communication)
• Managed teams, re-structuring and hiring. Mentored direct reports, helping to match individual passion and growth objectives with team priorities
Art director, Sapient Nitro
2013-2015, New York
Focused on innovative fashion e-commerce, new brand directions and multi-channel retail experiences; led teams of designers and third parties in producing project outputs; presented concepts and designs to stakeholders, including client leadership
Art Director, Freelance
2012-2015, London, Tokyo, Amsterdam
Provided brand and target group strategy, e-commerce consultancy and creative direction for various brands, agencies and startups in London, Tokyo, Beijing, Amsterdam and United States. Clients including Selfridges, Uniqlo, Anthropologie, Nike, Christian Louboutin, Lbi, Sid Lee, Razorfish.
Senior Designer, ASOS
Guided user experience and art direction of ASOS first digital PR lookbook; worked on improving the user experience across Asos.com; led team on design initiatives for ASOS Menswear.
Senior Designer, AKQA
Designer on Nike Women global across dotcom, social and mobile. Led the re-design of Nikewomen.com; involved in the development of Nike Training Club iPhone and iPad apps; conceptualized and art directed global product campaigns
(Senior Designer January 2011 - July 2011, Designer July 2010 - January 2011, Associate Designer October 2009 - June 2010)
Interactive Design Intern, ATTIK
2008-2009, San Francisco
Involved in numerous new business pitches; supported day-to-day execution across international brands and internal projects
• Established a youthful agency culture that inspired improvement and growth
• Organized workshops with other junior level creatives to learn new skills and softwares
Photography Assistant & Retoucher, Jonas Lindstrom Photography
2007, Kalmar, Sweden
Ellevest, Warby Parker, Nike, ASOS, Uniqlo, Frye, Dolce & Gabbana, Selfridges, Ferrari, Anthropologie, Saks Fifth Avenue, Beats by Dre, Christian Louboutin, American Eagle, Rodebjer, Scion, SpaceNK, Nivea, Dove, Miller, Avis, Lexus, and more
Sid Lee, Elephant, Lbi, Razorfish, AKQA, ATTIK, Hi-Res!, Weapon7 and more
Awards & Press
Cannes Cyber Lion, Webby, Clio, FWA, The Lovie Awards, Mindsparkle mag, IAB Creative Showcase, New Media Age, Creative Review, Web Design Served, AdWeek, Wall street Journal, App Store awards, DesignChart, Design Slices, Design Dairy, Creative Europe, Design in Europe and more